Transfer Student Essays

Students who already have a bachelor’s degree are not eligible to apply to the undergraduate College at the University of Chicago, as the College does not grant second bachelor’s degrees.

However, you are welcome to pursue a graduate degree or apply as a graduate-student-at-large through the Graham School of General Studies.

Questions about technical matters related to using the application platform should be directed to the folks at the Coalition Application.

Questions about our own requirements should be directed to us.

If the space provided on the Coalition Application to list all extracurricular and work experiences is not sufficient, you may share further details through the "Additional Information" upload option.

The Coalition Essay is your chance to present yourself and your ideas in your own words.Please include a note with the check or money order with the applicant's full name and address, and mail it to the College Admissions Office by the application deadline. If you graduated, the transcript should list your graduation date.Checks should be made payable to the University of Chicago. In reading your application, your transcript will serve as a roadmap of your academic path in high school.For transfer students, UChicago requires the Coalition Application.Through the online application platform, you submit basic information about your background, academic profile, and extracurricular activities, as well as an essay, and that information can be easily shared with multiple colleges you decide to apply to.Colleges ask for this information not because they have any specific expectation or preference for how you spend your time, but to see what's meaningful, worthwhile, or interesting to you.We do not require certificates proving participation in activities.For students not applying for need-based financial aid, our application fee is and can be submitted through the Coalition Application.Please follow the instructions on the Coalition Application for submitting the application fee online. Rosenwald 005 Chicago, IL 60637An official transcript detailing your coursework and grades over your entire high school career should be sent from your high school.Applicants should submit the Coalition Application and must also complete the University of Chicago Supplement, plus an additional transfer application question as described below.Applicants will also be be prompted to create a UChicago Account, where they can submit information and view their admissions decision.


Comments Transfer Student Essays

The Latest from ©